Coronavirus updates for Silsden
On this page we’ll bring you the latest news affecting Silsden as a result of the COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak.
If you or someone you know needs help from a local volunteer – such as picking up shopping, collecting a prescription, walking your dog or just phoning to have a chat – then call the Silsden Helpline on 01535 400 150. It’s open 9am-6pm Monday to Friday and 10am-4pm at weekends.
Figures last updated Sunday 3rd May 2020 at 2pm
There are currently:
915 confirmed cases in Bradford district
974 confirmed cases in North Yorkshire
1,434 confirmed cases in Leeds
The latest government advice covering health, business, travel, schools and more is available at gov.uk/coronavirus
For the latest medical advice if you think you have the virus, you should visit 111 online.
– The Canal and River Trust is warning people to ‘strictly limit’ their use of the canal towpaths in our area.
– Silsden MP Robbie Moore has praised the ‘awesome’ community spirit in the town as people rally round to help others during the Coronavirus pandemic.
– The return of the Proms on the Farm event in Silsden has been postponed until 2021. Read more here.
– As at 6th April, a total of 16 deaths of people with Coronavirus have now been reported at Airedale General Hospital.
– In line with the latest government guidelines, all bars, pubs, cafes restaurants, gyms, leisure centres and other social venues are closed until further notice.
In addition, from Tuesday 24th March everyone is advised by the government to stay at home. You should only go outside for food, health reasons or work (but only if you cannot work from home). If you go out, stay 2 metres (6ft) away from other people at all times.
– The Silsden Helpline is now live, co-ordinated by the Silsden Emergency Planning Group. You can call 01535 400 150 any day between 9am and 6pm for help and advice about non-medical issues. Find out more here.
– 29th March: Local media outlets are reporting that there have been two deaths of patients with the Coronavirus at Airedale General Hospital. Click for more.
– Silsden Primary School closed its doors to most pupils from Friday 20th March at 3.30pm.
– Silsden Community Library in the Town Hall is closed from 1pm on Saturday 21st March. It says any overdue books will not incur fines. You can find ebooks via the Bradford Libraries website.
– Saturday timetables will run on all Keighley and District Bus services from Monday 23rd March.
– Train services on the Airedale Line to Skipton and Bradford/Leeds are subject to change. Click here to see the upcoming arrivals and departures at Steeton & Silsden station.
– Silsden’s two supermarkets – the Co-Op and Aldi – will both close at 8pm on Monday to Saturdays until further notice – rather than staying open until 10pm as before.
– Airedale Hospital has introduced new restrictions on ward visitors to reduce the number of people going into the building.
– Silsden’s GP surgery has issued updated advice about Coronavirus and changes to its appointment booking system.
– The government has announced that this year’s Local Elections, planned for May, will be postponed until 2021. This means Councillor Adrian Naylor‘s seat will not be contested this year and he will remain one of the Craven Ward councillors representing Silsden on Bradford Council for another 12 months.
Silsden’s scout groups have all cancelled their weekly sessions until further notice.
Silsden Storm rugby league has cancelled all training and fixtures until 18th April at least.
All Silsden AFC and Silsden Whitestar training and matches have been suspended – including juniors – from Monday 16th March after the FA put out updated advice on grassroots football.
Silsden and Community Over 55s Club has stopped its regular Tuesday morning meetings at Silsden Sports Centre until further notice.
A Silsden Wellbeing Community Workshop planned for Thursday 19th March at Sunnybank Social Club has been postponed.
A musical event by Jonathan and Charlotte Crossley planned for St James’ Church on Saturday 21st March has been postponed.
A coffee morning and art show on Saturday 21st March at the Town Hall, organised by Silsden Local History Group has been cancelled, along with their monthly meeting at Silsden Methodist Church on Monday 23rd. All subsequent meetings of the group are also cancelled until further notice.
An event planned to choose the Silsden Gala King and Gala Queen for this summer has been postponed from Saturday 21st March until the VE Day commemorations in May.
The Guineas championship egg show planned for 5th April at Silsden Town Hall has been cancelled.
Silsden Art Show, planned for the Easter weekend, has been cancelled and will be replaced by a ‘virtual art show’ online instead.
Silsden Methodist Church has cancelled this month’s ‘Messy Church’ event and will review whether it will take place in the coming months.
Send us your information for this page
If you or your organisation has cancelled an event, let us know by emailing email@example.com